Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Curse Has Been Lifted



Success!  I finally made a bread that rose and tasted amazing. I just followed the recipe for Amish White Bread using some active dry yeast instead of that instant crap I've been trying to use and it was absolutely incredible.  Just look at that lovely loaf!  I took two of these to small group tonight and the first (pictured) got devoured and everybody raved about how wonderful it is. And the second I left with our lovely hostess for the evening. Her husband and her are some real bread lovers and she went on and on about how good it was so being the good guy I am, I shared.  So when it comes to this particular recipe, follow the instructions exactly and it will come out perfect...now the chicken parmigiana recipe I tried today, not so much.  But that's another story for another time. Or maybe just never to be told again, it was that big of a let-down.  So until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I have never had success with the instant yeast.. or whatever it is called. Some things you just cannot hurry... bread and babies are the two that come to mind....

    ReplyDelete