Sunday, January 15, 2012

What a week!

SO this week was a doozie!  Is that how you spell doozie?  I don't know that I've ever seen it written, in fact I don't know that I've heard anybody say it in a while....but its the best G-rated term I can think of to describe it. So here's what happened.....but first let me give a backdrop to help make my hugely exaggerated overreaction a little more justifiable.

About three months ago I walked out of my house only to realize that my trailer had been stolen during the night.  Not only did the bums get my trailer, but like an idiot I had left my air compressor on the trailer as well as a home made (custom, if you will) paint/stain sprayer.  It was quite a day.  It only took 3 months, but I finally got insurance to cover about 60% of that loss.  In the meantime, however, my truck took a dump on me...that's helicopter mechanic terminology for the damn thing quit working!  I pretty much trashed the engine in it so It just didn't want to work anymore.....these were frustrating things, especially with Christmas coming up rapidly.

We made it through Christmas, and I worked my butt off, and eventually was able to save up enough money to buy a new work truck.  I really started searching for a truck the first week of the new year because I finally had the money to buy one.  So what happens last Saturday????  Our worthless beagle decides to rip her dewclaw off and require a hospital visit....I  know, by now you're asking what does this have to do with cheesecake, and the answer is "Absolutely Nothing."

Cha-ching....yeah that was an unexpected expense, but I told my wife that if it was going to cost more than $300 just have her put down, we could get a replacement that's not broken for that.

Also on Saturday, we sold my truck that was broken...only got $400 for it, but hey who cares, at least I didn't have to pay to have it hauled off.

Monday rolled around and I bought my new work truck.  It was a total beater.  A 1997 Ford F-350 with a 7.3l diesel engine, four door, long bed!  Perfect work truck.  It wasn't much to look at but it was a great work truck...yeah you notice I'm talking about it in past tense.  If you have any grammar sense you will have started figuring out what happened next....28 hours after I bought it, it was stolen!  Yep lots of colorful language that day.  There was a pretty much unanimous decision by the voting members of my family to move.  So now we're looking for a house, and trying to fix up our house to a marketable condition.

Here's the cool thing though.  On Wednesday morning I came outside and found it missing.  About five hours later I was given a truck for free.  Somebody heard about what happened and decided to give me a truck.  It's a nice truck, I love it.

Then the next day, Thursday, I was given a new job, and told to keep my business.  So what looked like a terrible week, actually turned out to be one of the most blessed weeks of my life.  It is hard to deny a God when you see things like this going on.


Maybe once life settles back down I will bake something again.

2 comments:

  1. This post is an awesome testimony of your faith. I will be praying that you find someplace new very soon and that you have smooth sailing until your transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and Brittany and are proud of you for not giving up on God. Even though it looked like you should. I'm also proud of you for keeping it to 1 explicative in your post. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete