Friday, August 19, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the laziness of the baking bloggers.  If you google cheesecake stuffed strawberries you will find that everybody out there is whipping together some cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.  Then they stuff that into a 'wallered' out strawberry and roll it around in some graham cracker crumbs.....


Now I don't have pictures of my creation, so I will just have to make them again, but here's how I do stuffed strawberries:

I bake a cheesecake using my 3-2-1 recipe but don't put a crust.  I just dump it straight into a pan and bake it like usual, worrying even less than I already don't about appearance because it's about to be stuffed into a strawberry.

After it has baked and chilled, I spoon it into the strawberries then dip them into some chocolate on the open end to seal it all in.  Perhaps some crumbled graham crackers sprinkled onto the chocolate before it sets would be a nice touch, but that my friend is a cheesecake stuffed strawberry!



Soon, I will make my version and the other version and see which prevails in a church-wide taste test.....the anticipation is killing me!  Soon might come sooner than expected!

1 comment:

  1. Yours are the best! I really like "wallered" out! San Angelo ISD taught you that I bet!

    ReplyDelete