Sunday, March 20, 2011

This one is a keeper

The so called Cheescake Factory recipe is a definite keeper!!!! It is very light.  Most of mine are really dense and creamy, maybe a little like the texture and consistency of a stick of margarine if you were to just take a big 'ol bite.  You all are sitting there wondering if I have ever done that....not gonna tell!  This cheesecake is not like that though.  The way it feels in my mouth is like the particles aren't bonded well and they just kinda float away from each other while you're chewing.  It's a very relaxing dessert, it would probably go well with strawberry daiquiris.  The crust has a great flavor.  My suggestion is to add more vanilla wafers because they don't really shine through.  Also, I hand chopped all the nuts this time, in the future I think they will go into the food processor.  They were really small pieces, but they were still big enough to have to chew them up thoroughly.  I love the flavor they bring, but I honestly think the walnuts and pecans could be eliminate and just triple the almonds if you were so inclined.  The crust did turn out quite crumbly, which I think really added to the light and fluffy feel of the whole thing.  As you can tell from the picture, it cracked and left me with the usual giant crevices down the middle.  I followed all the tips for a successful crack free cheesecake and still it failed, thankfully in this situation crack doesn't kill.  I read recently that as soon as you take it out of the oven you need to run a knife around the edge to separate it from the pan, that way as it cools and collapses it doesn't crack from the surface tension. I don't suggest using a plastic knife for this....


 I beat well after each egg.  I cooled slowly....nothing helped.  I'm going to figure out the secret before my journey ends, but for now I will just enjoy my ugly cheesecake....

No comments:

Post a Comment