Friday, November 23, 2012

How iPhones Ruined my Holidays!

There was a time before texting that Holidays could be spent together with family or close friends of my choosing celebrating the birth of Christ, or giving Thanks or whatever the holiday was about. There were no interruptions and as the day went on we were free to enjoy the time spent together. Christmas and Thanksgiving have always been my favorite holidays because those were the times we all went to MeMa's house and everybody in the whole family was there. I have always loved the time spent together with my extended family, though loud and sometimes possibly even violent.

Now from the title and the sixth word of my post you might think this is going to be a rant about how nowadays all the kids sit around texting the whole time or playing with their apps and are completely detached from reality and quite possibly are utterly incapable of carrying on a real conversation verbally...but that's not what this is about.

What I am about to go off about is the fact that I was sitting here, mindin my own bizness, reading Good To Great by Jim Collins, on Thanksgiving morning and my phone starts buzzing...I've got a text message. "Happy Thanksgiving." Oh thanks, how nice, somebody I don't even know sent me a text message to say "Happy Holiday"...which even just 5 years ago would have been the end of it, but no, not today.  Today I got another three texts from even more random numbers I don't recognize telling me happy thanksgiving...and you know why that is? It's because of all the iPhone using idiots-- wait, idiots might be the wrong word, after all I have dear friends and family in this category...lets say "people who might be unaware of their phones obnoxiousness"-- out there in the world who haven't figured out how to turn off the "reply-all" feature that obviously comes enabled by default on your new iPhone 4. So if you have an iPhone don't assume you are not an offender.  Let's just assume you all need to follow these instructions to fix yourself, so just please, please, please if you have an iPhone go into your settings and take a look around.  Make sure you're not one of the Holiday Ruining iPhone Users anymore.

And that's why I have an android!

No comments:

Post a Comment